Sunday, January 4, 2015

NEW YEAR'S EVE. GOOD BYE 2014, HELLO 2015!

What did you do for New Year's Eve? 

Another year gone.  I can't believe that 2014 is gone, just like that.

There are some years that you just know will forever remain in the highlighted section of the book of your life.  I know 2014 will be one of them for me.

We didn't do much. The kids fell asleep before midnight. I stayed up until midnight staring at the Christmas Tree.   Kay and I watched some of the CNN New Year's Eve celebration.  We didn't watch the whole thing.  Kathy Griffin is sure getting more inappropriate every year.  Kay and I waited until right before 10 to change the channel back to CNN, so we could watch the ball drop.

I made sweet pork tostadas and a Mexican dessert.  It was a quiet night.  Keith and I said Happy New Year to each other and we had a little talk before going to bed.

2015 appears to be a year of change for us.  A few things are already different. Some positive and some not so positive.  I am just very grateful that Keith and I are good friends and we support each other through the tough times.

I have no New Year resolutions.  I never really do.  I like to work on my personal goals all year round.  A new year just means the opportunity to continue to better myself as a person. 

I called my mom to see what they were up to.  Usually a huge New Year celebration is happening at my grandma's house.  This year she said they stayed home and no one didn't really do anything.  B-O-R-I-N-G!!

Growing up we always had huge New Year's Eve parties.  People really do go crazy with their celebrations down in Mexico.  Lots of amazing food and happy (also drunk) people all over the place.  I used to miss those days.  I think I have since realized that I'm okay with just having a quiet dinner at home with my family.  Some day I will return during New Year's Eve so I can dance to techno music and do the chicken dance haha.

Back to our US Holiday celebration... Kay loves to have hot cocoa with conchas (A traditional Mexican sweet bread)  We try to do that a few times during the cold season.  I'm not a big hot chocolate person, It gives me a stomachache.  They all love hot cocoa so I go with the flow.

 Keith took the kids sledding a couple of days ago, giving me a much needed break.  I wish I could say that I actually enjoyed myself.  I did find my cleaning therapeutic though. ☺



The sweet pork tostadas I made were amazing on New Year's Eve and even the day after.  I don't cook food like this too often.  We tend to have a clean healthier diet during the regular days and save the indulging for special occasions.

When I told my mom that I was making tostadas for our New Year's celebration she wasn't too impressed haha.



The Carlota was pretty yummy too.  It's not a very photogenic dessert but it sure was tasty.

May the year 2015 be everything we make it out to be.  Cheers to that! ;-)

~
Thanks for Visiting!