
Is it over? Is it over? haha.
I survived Christmas! I hope you did too. ;-)
All jokes aside... I am pretty grateful that we were able to have yet another successful Christmas. The kids were pretty excited about the whole thing and I couldn't help but feel all warm and fuzzy inside. ☺
We followed our usual schedule and started by opening our Christmas Pj's on Christmas Eve. I reused the bags I made last year so that was awesome.
Kay always gets so excited about her pj's. She loved the cute nightgown Santa picked out for her this year. ;-)

Ashton wasn't feeling the pj's opening.
We got him changed into his pj's and then we chased him around so I could snap some pictures of both of them by the tree.

This next picture is my favorite...


I also love this shot of the two of them. They were having a lot of fun. Ashton was super hyper.
I got too excited and started snapping pictures before I realized that my camera settings needed some adjusting, I still love it though.

We goofed around for a while and then everyone started getting tired. I still needed to do some prep for the next morning so I worked on that.


And of course... we left some milk and Christmas Tree brownies for Santa

After everyone went to bed, I did my usual reflecting and took the time to thank God for everything he has given my family and I.
This year Keith and I decided that only the kids were getting Christmas presents. We both felt good about that decision.

The next morning I woke up a little too late (8 am.) for Kay's liking. Ashton was really bad during the night and Keith ended up staying up with him until 6 am. Crazy kid!!
I had left some dough rising so that we could have freshly baked goodies for breakfast.

We let the kids open their presents while the kitchen started to smell like the most amazing french pastries were baking in the oven.


Ashton was all over his chocolate. I told myself I wouldn't get them too much this year. I think I kind of failed at doing that haha.
The kids finished opening presents just in time. We headed to the kitchen and had our Christmas breakfast.
The breakfast menu:
Freshly baked pastries (from Trader Joe's)
Huevos Rancheros (Eggs, Ham, Tomatoes, Onions and serrano peppers.)
Vanilla Banana Shakes with sprinkles



Ooooh!! These babies were insanely good!!

Keith and the kids played games while I finished getting dinner ready.
I went with a super simple table set up. This year I did not buy anything for my table setup. Everything was from around the house.

Wait... I lied! I did get these beautiful napkin rings from Target. They are so pretty.

The menu:
Appetizer:
Feta, spinach and chicken Crostini
Main Course:
Ham (Kay's request.)
Espaguetis Verdes
(Spaghetti pasta in a poblano pepper creme sauce with melted mozzarella.)
Au Gratin Potatos
Virgin Peach mimosas
Dessert:
Chocolate Tuxedo cake (Costco)





No one had room for dessert after dinner... Whaaat?!?!
We ended up eating our dessert today.
It was insanely chocolaty but Kay and Ashton weren't complaining.


So... That was our Christmas. I hope you had an amazing time with your loved ones. I hope that Santa was good to you this year.
Until next year...
That's a wrap!

