Today we made a trip to Target. We went to get Kay's school supplies.
I think I said it before but... I freaking LOVE Target!. I can shop there forever. So many cute stuff!
You know what else I love? School supplies. I love the smell of it. I love that getting ready for back to school means getting closer to the fun part of the year (well, at least for us).
I'm not just talking about Fall. There is something really exciting about the start of a school year. New schedule, new friends for Kay, new beginnings.
I was pretty psyched to be shopping for school supplies with her today.
School supplies remind me of my favorite movie, which I happen to watch every Fall as soon as it gets cold.
It's my happy movie. I make a pot of soup and watch it in my Pj's when it gets cold. It's tradition! Such a feel-good movie!! Here is the part that I think of when I see school supplies...
Joe Fox: "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms."

Kay was particularly excited that she gets to put all her supplies in her new desk, which mom scored for $30 bucks off our local craigslist-like website.

Ashton wasn't so amused. Particularly because he was safely bucked up in the shopping cart and unable to make his mess like he would have hoped for.

I've been eyeing this backpack for Kay but it's a cool $39.99 and although I really like it, it's more for an older kid than for a kid her age. It has a laptop slip and very little storage space for her stuff. Maybe if it goes on sale...

Thinking ahead... These are so cute!!

That little monster backpack even matched his outfit. haha
Don't worry, I didn't buy it. This little guy still has a couple of years before we need to start thinking backpack and school supplies for him.

We roamed the store quickly after getting all the school supplies. I always eye these candles. This one smells like Summer in a jar. So good!

We also ran into this little fella. We almost adopted him and brought him home with us before we realized he looked a little evil. haha
I think he might have been one of the bad guys in Toy Story 3. =-)

Ashton got this sticker from the cashier. He threw it on the floor and stepped on it. "Come on Sir, I just spent an hour buckled up in the shopping cart and now you want to add to the insult by giving me a sticker?" haha.

We got home and Kay immediately grabbed her stuff. I think she was a little too excited and anxious to put it all away.

I got some more Castile Soap. This time I went with Lavender scented soap.
It smells pretty good. I like that I don't need to add essential oil, just water.

A picture of all the goodies!

Ashton helping organize haha

Kay loves to draw. She gets that from me. We got her some drawing paper so she can unleash her creativity. =-)

These were in the dollar bins.
Ever since I saw someone post her super cute set of pencils that she bought at Target for a buck, I always check my target dollar bins. You should too!!

Thanks for visiting!