Thursday, July 2, 2015

SUMMER LIST 2015: MAKE FROZEN POPSICLES



We chose frozen popsicles as our second activity to do from the Summer list.

Kay invited her friend Lyndi and it ended up being mostly the two of them making the popsicles.  Ashton was more interested in eating the fruit.  It kind of worked out because the girls had a lot of fun.

I searched for a healthy recipe that I knew they would enjoy.  I didn't want it to be too much sugar for the evening, since we also planned for a s'mores night that same day.

We went with plain Greek yogurt, fruit and honey.  We made two different flavors.  berrry and tropical fruits.

Lyndi made the berry popsicles which had strawberry and blueberries in them.



Kay made tropical fruit, which had pineapple and mango in them.




Lyndi said she had never tried Greek yogurt or pineapple before.  She said she liked them both. 




We dipped the tropical pops in coconut shavings and the berry ones in ground graham crackers, which I forgot to photograph.


These two are so fun.  They say the most hysterical things.  I had a good time hanging out with them. 

I'll post the pictures of our s'more night in a different post. 

I hope your evening is going good. ♥