Tuesday, June 16, 2015

SUMMER LIST 2015: FARMER'S MARKET




We started our Summer List with a trip to the farmer's market.  
At first we were going to try a new market but then we remembered that we love the macarons there. 
 I don't think we will be going to that particular location next year though.
It's definitely getting smaller and not so interesting to look at the same stuff.

If we do, it won't be a part of our list.

One of the reasons why I love going to the farmer's market is because I can always find  really good artisan bread there.

It was our first stop.   The bread was really good at this first stand but it was kind of pricey so I decided to wait to see what else we could find.

We grabbed breakfast there.  Their croissants just looked insanely good. They were pretty delicious.

Kay and I had raspberry.

Ashton had chocolate.

We wanted to buy some fresh fruit but their tiny fruit pints were $4 to $6.
Too much, even for organic fruit.

I sound like a total cheapskate but hey... who's got money to waste.  Not me.


I love this picture of Kay. 

I think I'm in trouble with this one. =)



One of the other reasons why we go to this particular farmer's market is the macarons.

We've tried macarons from different places but they are never as good as this lady's.
I always forget to ask her if she has an actual shop. 
 

Further down into the market we found some more bread. 
It was good that we waited because it was pretty delicious and it was cheaper too.  It was gone within a day... so good!


After we went through the whole thing, we walked back to the taco stand and grabbed some lunch.

We bought tamales, Al pastor tacos made with handmade tortillas and horchata.
But you already knew that. =P

The pork tamales were the best.  Tomatillo sauce is one of my favorites.

Do you like tamales?


My kids love tamales.  
I don't make them often because they are so elaborate.  Easily three hours in the kitchen, but they are super good.

I usually make them during the holidays.

This little dude couldn't get enough of his tamale.

The tacos were decent.  I still haven't been able to find Al Pastor tacos like the ones they sell in Mexico.  It's probably just because the meat is not slow roasted like the taco stands down there.

The handmade tortilla was pretty good.  I grew up having those so that was a nice treat.


We were listening to this lady play her flute while we ate our lunch.  She had skills!



In this next picture, there is no denying that Kay is my daughter.  She is such a dork and I love that about her.
Dorks united!

Whatever...I call it full of life. ;-)

We definitely have fun together.

So that was our trip to the farmer's market. 
Always a fun activity to do with the kids.   Next year we'll visit a different one if it makes it to the Summer List.

I hope you are having a nice afternoon. 

I wish you could have come with us. ♥