When Kay is home for Summer break, I usually end up watching more television than I would otherwise. This Summer in particular, I don't know if it is because my husband's schedule is pretty crazy right now or what. We definitely have been watching TV a lot more and discovering new shows we are both loving.
One show that we enjoy watching together is Food Network Star. We both really enjoy the twist in the challenges the contestants are given, as well as watching the final presentation of their dishes.
We are both cheering for Loreal Gavin aka the butcher babe or Lenny the cowboy. He cracks me up with his over the top personality.
One show that we enjoy watching together is Food Network Star. We both really enjoy the twist in the challenges the contestants are given, as well as watching the final presentation of their dishes.
We are both cheering for Loreal Gavin aka the butcher babe or Lenny the cowboy. He cracks me up with his over the top personality.
~
Another one of our faves right now is Cutthroat Kitchen. This show is so entertaining. You never know what "evil" sabotage Alton Brown is going to come up with.
In case you don't know what this show is about, here is a little description from Wikipedia that pretty much sums it all up.
"The show features four chefs challenged to cook gourmet dishes to be judged by a guest celebrity, but introduces auctions in which they can purchase opportunities to sabotage each other or benefit themselves. Each chef is given $25,000 at the start of the show; the winner keeps whatever money he/she has not spent in the auctions."
~
Today I saw on Twitter that ABC is already promoting the new seasons/Fall lineup of my favorite shows.
And of course, NBC's Law and Order SVU
Another one of my faves is Parenthood. I don't know what NBC is thinking, cancelling such a good show. It should be a crime. ;-)
Looks like we get one more season. I will miss the crazy Braverman family.
I'm really excited for all of them to come back this Fall. Speaking of which... I'm also really excited that my favorite season is right around the corner. I am already thinking ahead and planning for Fall stuff and Halloween. I know! I'm totally lame. I really need to enjoy Summer and wait before I start thinking about Fall. I think I do it every year. Fall is just such a cozy, heartwarming season... I just love it!
I'll behave and go back to Summer mode.
We are making a giant banana split tonight. It's part of our Summer List activities. Next Thursday is Pioneer Day here in Utah and the hubby won't have class that night. We are planning on doing our Donuts and Shakes activity. Back to school is sure coming fast. It's good we did a smaller list this Summer.
What do you have going on this Summer? Are you as excited as I am for Fall to start? haha... don't answer that! :P
~
Thanks for Visiting!
