Monday, June 16, 2014

HEALTHY MONDAY: CHEMICAL-FREE ALL PURPOSE CLEANER RECIPE.




So... the other day I was wondering what else I could use the castile soap for. I have read before that people like to use it as Shampoo and body wash.

I have not experimented with that because well... I would hate for my hair to fall off my head. ☺ JK!
I don't think it would do any harm, though I'm still a little skeptical about doing it.

I've been using a simple mixture of vinegar and water as my kitchen cleaner for a while now.  

If you read my post about Castile Soap vs Antibacterial soap for your hands, then you know that up until I discovered Castile Soap, I struggled with dry-cracked hands all year-round.  Here is the post if you want to read more about it.

Anyways, the other day, I started wondering if I could add some to my simple vinegar kitchen cleaner.  I kind of eyeballed it and experimented by adding some of my left over tangerine essential oil from my hand soap recipe.

Next thing I know... I'm sitting in my kitchen with my eyes wide open seeing how awesome my kitchen table looks after I cleaned it with the mixture I made.

I put oil in it so I was a little nervous to try it on glass but I did.  O.M.G!!  I have never seen my kitchen sliding doors cleaner!!! 

I don't know if anybody already came out with this but it's new to me and I'm in love!  You've got to try this stuff in your home.

I'll stop talking... here is the recipe. 
You're welcome!! ;-)

~

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:

1/2 cup. Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap (Scented or Unscented.)
1/2 cup. White Distilled Vinegar
3-5 drops of your favorite 100% pure essential oil.
All purpose spray bottle.  (Bought mine at target- $3.99)
3 cups water.  (Distilled water is optional.)

TOOLS YOU WILL NEED:

1 Quart measuring cup.
1 cup measuring cup.





Fill up your measuring cup with water, up to where it says 3 cups. (If you don't have a measuring cup this big just add three cups of water in the container you will mix the ingredients in.)

 Use the smaller cup to measure both the soap and the vinegar.  Add the soap first and give it a quick stir.

Add the vinegar next.  With the vinegar you want to be really careful or else it will curl up and become a sticky mess. (Don't ask me how I know that.)
Add in the vinegar slowly while stirring the soapy water mixture with a spoon. 
 Once you have added both the soap and the vinegar, it should look like the next picture. 
 Add the oil and stir well again.


Pour it in your spray bottle and clean away!!
It works on pretty much any surface.
Make sure to shake it well before each use.

Some of my mixtures have been stronger than others and can leave mirrors a bit streaky.  I really don't know why this happens but I fix it by adding water to my mixture and I'm back in business. The cleaning business that is! ☺

Let me know how you like it.

Thanks for visiting!!