Thursday, May 29, 2014

SUMMER LIST ACTIVITY IDEAS.

The kids will be officially out of school tomorrow.  I am extremely excited about the start of our Summer list activities.

I thought I would share with you a few of our favorite activities from last year's list.  I strongly recommend doing a "Summer List" with your kids or grand-kids. It's good fun for everyone. 


I won't be listing each and every single activity we did. Just the ones we thought were the most fun.


1.- CAMP IN THE LIVING ROOM.

This was definitely one of the activities we enjoyed the most.  Ashton was too little to get excited about it but Kay sure enjoyed it.

We used plain white sheets and rope to built our "tent" and hung twinkle lights around it.  It took less than 5 minutes to put it together.  We made brownies and played games.  It was definitely a fun night.


2.- MAKE S'MORES.

What's Summer without S'mores?  
We had to make it an activity of its own. To be honest we always have s'more nights, so this is something we did more than once.  It's simple but the kids really seem to enjoy it.

3.- GO OUT FOR SHAKES AND DONUTS.

This was the very first thing we got to do.  We went to a park, sat down while we talked and ate our treats.  The weather didn't seem to cooperate much last year.  If it wasn't windy, it was breezy and cool.   Either way, it was a fun night. 

4.- Picnic up in the mountains.

We love to go to the mountains every year.  There is a waterfall spot we like to go to.  They have a little picnic area and from there you can walk the trail and get to the waterfall.   We love it up there.  It always feels breezy and the sound of the water running through the river is very relaxing.

We also did our bubbles that day.  Keith and Kay had some bubble fun while Ashton and I watched the fun.  He was only a few months old and too little to get into doing anything.  This year should be really fun as he is definitely into fun and mischief now. :)


5.- 4th of July Soccer Game.

We started this tradition a couple of years ago.  Every year there is a 4th of July game with fireworks.  The after game show is pretty awesome to be a part of.   Definitely something we want to keep doing with our kids.

If you don't have something similar in your area, there are always fireworks shows that you can take your kids to.   Go online and search for fireworks shows in your area,  I'm sure you can find some good ones for free or a good price.



6.- Make an Art Canvas.

This is something I really wanted to make with my kids.  I figured not only would we have fun doing it, but it would be something to hang up on our wall to remind us of such a fun memory.


7.-  TRIP TO THE FARMER'S MARKET.

Last but not least... is something that we found extremely fun to do.
We went to an outdoor farmer's market.  The day was beautiful and there was so much to look at.  Tons of food, crafts and handmade stuff. 

It's definitely something we will be doing again this year.  We bought fresh artisan bread, Macarons, flavored honey, apricots and some kettle corn.  


I love to expose my kids to new and fun adventures.  Even if they are just local new stuff that we get to try. 

We have not done our 2014 Summer List yet, but we will be doing it in the next couple of days.  We'll see what new things will go on it.

I hope this helps you with ideas for your own Summer List.   If you are planning on doing one, please leave me a comment below and let me know what's on your list. 

I will create a Summer List label so you can check out pictures of all the other activities we did last year. 

~
Thanks for visiting!!