Saturday, May 3, 2014

MOTHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS.

Mother's Day is around the corner. 
 I thought I would post some great gift ideas in case you are wondering what to get for mom. 

My main rule when it comes to gift giving for any occasion : 

Make sure the gifts are thoughtful and meant for the person receiving the gift as opposed to the whole family.

People always say "It is the thought that counts".  
This is often interpreted as you had good intentions when you gave out the gift and that's all that matters.
I like to give that phrase a little more meaning by going out of my way to make sure that my gift is something the person is actually going to love and use.

Here are a few ideas I think its safe to assume... most moms will enjoy.


My first pick is a personalized piece of jewelry. 

I really love this one from Lisaleonard.com 
I think any mom would be flattered to receive a piece that honors her and what she means to you.




My second pick is a customized sign or canvas that reminds her of a special moment shared with you.  

ETSY.COM has lots of personalized stuff.  I particularly love these ideas for both mom and grandma.


This next one would of course, forever remind her of the day she met you and held you in her arms for the first time.


3rd choice is for mom's skin care.  
Every woman wants to look good in her own skin. These next couple items are sure to make mom feel pampered ;)

Here is a kit I strongly recommend for awesome facial and body care. 

The Clarisonic Plus.

 While more on the pricey side, this baby is worth every penny.  Normally $225 on its own  with two travel size cleansers.  Right now Sephora.com is offering this amazing kit for the same price, but you get a few extra skin products that are known to work really good for most skin types.




~

NEXT is  GLAMGLOW.

Again, more on the pricey side.  At $69 dollars for a 1.7 oz yard, the result that people are getting from this mud mask is insane. 
I have gotten a few generous samples of it and I can honestly say that it is a really good product. It lives up to the hive. 


Last but not least on skin care is this awesome product that I haven't heard too many people talk about, but its amazing.  The few reviews I was able to find on amazon.com are spot on.  
This product not only leaves your skin feeling amazing but you look younger and glowy.

If I had to buy one product out of the three, it would be this one.  Funny enough, is the least expensive of the three.  At  $34 dollars for a 4.23 oz bottle this is my choice of miracle skin products must have.



~

For the mom that loves all things beauty:
Here are a few ideas that are sure to please!

A gift card to any beauty store such as Sephora,  Ulta, Mac,  Macey's,  Nordstrom.

All these stores carry a variety of beauty products.  They also offer online shopping if its more convenient.


YOU CAN PURCHASE GIFT CARDS FOR ANY OF THESE STORES ONLINE OR IN-STORE AT MOST SHOPPING MALLS.  CALL TO MAKE SURE THE STORE OF YOUR CHOICE IS LOCATED IN A MALL NEAR-BY.

~

If you prefer to buy an actual gift then here are other beauty ideas.

A FRAGRANCE.

Currently,  Sephora.com is selling these awesome fragrance kits that will save you a few bucks.  
Last year my hubby got me one of these for Christmas.  I was able to get a $100 bottle of one of my favorite scents and hubby only paid $65 for the gift set.  Plus I got the little cute clutch that comes with it.  And got to try the extra samples.   Win win!!

Note:  They offer different kits with different fragrance options.  Make sure you either know what mom's favorite fragrance is or you smell them in-store to make sure you find one that you think she will love.


~

A  GOOD QUALITY MAKEUP PALETTE.

Because of the amazing neutral shades they offer, my pick for an awesome eye-shadow palette is Urban Decay Naked series.  $54 each.

If your mom loves makeup, she will sure appreciate one of these beauties.  Make sure she doesn't already own one, or all of them  ;)


~

FOR THE MOM THAT LOVES PURSES AND HANDBAGS.

Michael Kors has some amazing bags if you are looking to drop a couple hundreds.  Here is a very neutral pattern that resembles a more expensive brand of handbags, yet of equally good quality.  $298


~

Looking for a more budget friendly bag that still looks nice?

Here is where H&M comes to the rescue.  Some of their bags look like you just came out of a very expensive designer store, except at a much more budget friendly price tag.

Here is one of my favorites.  Simple and classy, yet elegant.  At $39.99 this beauty will not only be a good enough gift for mom but will leave you with extra money to buy her some flowers and chocolate ;)



~


A few other things that I think any mom would appreciate would be...

A gift card to a local Spa.




A homemade gift basket.

Not a store bought basket that looks homemade, but something filled with things you actually made or put together for her.  

The basket can be filled with baked goods, Cheese and wine,  spa/relaxation goodies,  good quality chocolate and other gourmet snacks,  beauty products,  etc...

On my next post I will show you how to put together a quick gift basket for mom. :) 





LAST BUT NOT LEAST.

My one exception to the rule of only buying things that mom and only mom will use, is the following item:

Often times with the hefty price tag of the 'oh so popular' KitchenAid stand mixer,  many moms that wish they could own one; have to wait for a special occasion to receive such pricey gift. 

If your mom doesn't own one of these yet, and she loves to cook/bake.  I strongly recommend surprising her with one.  

I received mine as a mother's day gift and loved it.  My husband knows me and he knows I do not like to give/receive gifts that are meant for the whole family, but this was the exception.


Remember, you (and only you) know your mom best!

This guide is meant to be of help when picking out a gift.  It doesn't necessarily represent what every mom out there wants and would love to receive.  

"It's that thought that counts"  means you are putting some thought into what you are getting for her. 
Make it special!!


Thanks For Visiting!!



DISCLAIMER: None of the images in this post were taken by me.  They were merely used to represent the items mentioned in this post.