Our Easter was really low-key this year.
We had a brunch, instead of a dinner. It actually turned out to be a really good thing as we ended up having the rest of the day to just hang out and relax at home.
The Menu
Chicken cashew salad croissant sandwiches
Strawberry French macarons
Lemon sandwich cookies
Brie cheese platter
(Not photographed because I completely forgot about it)
Drink
Fruit smoothies
Funny little story about the lemon cookies.
We added the buttercream before the cookies could cool down completely. Keith had to leave early so we were a bit pressed on time.
Kay started freaking out as she saw that the buttercream filling was melting and getting everywhere.
I told her to remember all those baking shows we have watched.
What do you do when you are pressed for time and you need your cookies to cool down? You put them in the freezer, duh! =)
I could have cleaned them off for the pictures, but sometimes you just have to keep things real. Things happen in the kitchen all the time and that's fine.
Be calm, think fast, fix things and move on!
It was our first time making French macarons. I think we did pretty alright.
What do you think?
~







